To activate a myPOS device the merchant needs a myPOS account, a mobile phone (to receive a confirmation via text message) and Internet connection (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or GPRS). All devices come equipped with a built-in DATA Card for 3G/GPRS connectivity. The DATA Card is designed exclusively for myPOS Devices and comes free of charge to allow merchants to use the device everywhere in Europe.
The activation of the myPOS Device is a simple, one-time process that takes about 5 minutes. The merchant should:
- STEP 1: Log in to the myPOS account, go to the POS Devices menu, then click on Activate device and follow the instructions. An activation code will be generated.
- STEP 2: Enter the activation code on the myPOS device. Note that the terminal must be connected to the Internet in order to complete the activation process.
- STEP 3: Upon activation the device will display a confirmation screen, then automatically check for software updates. If a new update is available, the device will download and install it automatically.
The device is now ready to use and will be listed under the menu Devices in the myPOS account.
Note that the device should be activated following this procedure regardless of whether it’s been purchased from a myPOS official distributor, from a myPOS Store or online.
Errors when activating the device & potential reasons:
‘Device activation not successful’
- Code entered incorrectly, check the code and try again.
- The activation code is only valid for 24 hours. If the code is expired, re-start the process from STEP 1.
Update procedure failed
- Issues with the Internet connection - check if the connection is working and try again. Alternatively, switch from one connection type to another and try again.